- Can be towed by a 1 ton pickup.
- Can be charged exclusively from line power, on-board provided generator or a combination of the two.
- Significant reduction of (CAIDI) Customer Average Interruption Duration Index.
- Smaller crew size for initial restore operation while finishing permanent repairs on the next available shift rather than calling crews out after hours to work on replacing a broken pole in the dark, inclimate weather, or in areas of high traffic in order to restore all customers impacted.
- Eliminates wait times required for multi-step pole replacement involving utility location services, site prep & material gathering.
- Permanent replacement can be accomplished during regular time windows with less stress on the utility, its people, equipment and other resources.
- Has the unique potential to protect physical property, livestock and people by minimizing outage durations.
- Faster pole vs. vehicle cleanup time = open roadways.
- With multiple staged units, crews will have the tools to reduce outage durations across the system as well as improve efficiency during routine maintenance.
- Storm response teams will have the ability to deploy where pole damage is most significant.
- Lowers costs for RIP (Replace In Place) jobs.
- Reduce outage duration and improve customer satisfaction through continued low electric delivery rates by reducing operating costs.
- Can be used at intersection crossings to support new or replacement conductor installation.
- Allows temporary bypass for electrical equipment replacement or inspection at substations.
- Fractional investment compared to a line truck with much lower maintenance and licensing costs with a vastly greater economical service life.
- View video of unit in operation
- View Mechanical Illustration
- Wireless and ground controls both provide full feathering on all functions allowing the operator maximum visibility during deployment and fold for travel operations while providing for backup/manual operation at the valve bank.
- Wireless controls require simple dual switch movement for all functions to prevent unintentional actuation.
- 24VDC Power unit provides 2500 PSI @ 3 GPM; (4) 660 CCA deep cycle batteries w/ fully automatic battery charger w/ percent charged & volt indicators.
- Generac iQ2000 1600W inverter generator w/ 3 power delivery speeds; LED dashboard w/ fuel level, remaining run time; output indicator; 9.4 hours runtime @ 1/4 load.
- Fully charged battery pack provides 5 full deployments from setup to fully folded/travel ready.
- Lockable, vented stainless steel generator cabinet allows generator to run w/ cabinet locked and in transit.
- 2.5 Gallon safety gas can w/ lockable stainless steel box.
- Battery pack can be charged from shore power or onboard generator as needed.
- (4) Telescoping hydraulic outriggers w/ counterbalance valves.
- (4) Almag flat and (2) tapered outrigger pads provided w/ storage provision.
- (3) Hydraulically actuated boom cylinders w/ counterbalance valves.
- 18’L x 10″Dia third stage fiberglass pultrusion boom w/ continuous rotation for clocking crossarm positioning relative to wire path.
- Self-locking worm drive turntable bearing w/ hydraulic motor at base of third stage boom.
- 24′-40′ Vertical boom height.
- Designed and tested to 21,778 ft-lb moment load.
- Separate relief setting on third stage boom rotation protects connected wire & cable from accidental damage.
- Intelligent 12VDC warning light system utilize existing FMVSS tail and marker light circuit.
- 10′ Crossarm open basket w/ drop down door – LS load area.
- 4′ Support arm basket – RS load area.
- Lockable stainless steel tool box – front tongue.
- Lockable stainless steel, dual compartment tool box houses battery system, valve bank & control panel – RS front of fender.
- Lockable stainless steel tool boxes w/ gas shocks & rubber lined bottoms – LS & RS fenders. LS Box equipped w/ urethane insulator compartments to protect insulators during travel and storage – (3) 13″L x 6.75″W x 3.35″D & (8) 5.75″L x 5.75″W x 3.5″D.
- Galvanized cone holder.
- Stainless steel pivot pins and Oillite bushings provided at all pivot points; no greasing required.
- 4″x8″ Bent tubing frame w/ bolt on 3/16″ smooth galvanized floor and 8″ rear bumper tube.
- (2) 5/8″ x 5″ Aluminum bronze grounding lugs; (1) right rear frame; (1) 3rd stage boom base.
- Electric brakes and sealed breakaway w/ visual check indicator light.
- (2) 7K Dual Torflex galvanized undercarriage.
- LED FMVSS Plug-N-Play trailer lighting w/ sealed harness system and 7-way socket w/ Almag socket housing protection.
- 52″L Non-metallic 7-way SAE cord.
- (2) Xenoy weatherproof containers; (1) inside lockable valve compartment for tool box keys and spare remote batteries; (1) provided for registration storage.
- Zinc plated, grade-70 3/8” chain rated at 26,400 lbs breaking strength extending 23” beyond pintle eye. Zinc plated, grade-70 clevis hook w/ safety latch rated at 26,400 lbs breaking strength. Assembly connected via 3”x3”x3/8” wall tubing continuously welded to trailer frame w/ inverted crucifix and 3/4”-10 grade-8 fastener w/ SAE high strength washer and lock nut securing chain in crucifix.
- 3” I.D. – 60,000 lbs capacity pintle eye w/ 11″ heat treated, cast steel adjustable and reversible extension. Hitch and extension hot-dipped galvanized and installed w/ grade-8 fasteners & lock nuts.
- 3″ Drawbar lock ring w/ (2) keys.
- 17201 Spring loaded drop-leg jack – center mounted.
- (4) Galvanized All Weather 8500 Wheel Chocks w/ gripstrut design and 8505 Almag chock holder
- 12-Gauge Fenders with 1″ lip return and mud flaps.
- Fasteners: Bolts under ½”: Stainless steel; ½” and Above: Zinc-plated Grade 8; lock nuts used exclusively.
- Hot-Dip galvanized finish w/ galvanized wheels; accessories gray.
- Wheel nut indicators.
- 10-year structural, parts & labor on all Sauber-manufactured components. 3-year total parts & labor coverage.
|Axle||7,000 lbs Torflex|
|Brakes||12" x 2", High Performance Electric Brakes|
|Suspension||7000 lbs Dual Torflex|
|Tires||235/80R 16, LRE|
|Rims||8 on 6.5" Hub|